iPhone provides an ocean of features. There are so many hidden features on the iPhone that the majority of iPhone users are unaware. Today we’ll discuss some of the useful iPhone tips and tricks that you must know and use. The new iPhone release and iOS 13 is powerful and feature-packed. If you are unaware of these features then don’t worry, today we’ll discuss some of the powerful features that you must know and use.
1.Reply only important emails
If you get notifications of all emails that you receive, and it irritates then you can mute reply-all email threads. It’s very simple:
- First, Open your Mail app
- In your inbox, swipe right to left across messages
- Tap more
- Tap Mute
Congratulations, you’re done. However, if sometime later you need to restore it then repeat the first three steps and then tap unmute.
2.Speed Up your iPhone
Electronic devices tend to slow down with the passage of time. This principle applies to mobiles as well. With new mobile in hand, we are sometimes so excited that we download apps that we don’t know have an idea how to use it. Similarly, wear and tear, filling up of storage make your mobile work slow. Follow these steps to make your mobile work faster:
- Power off your mobile from time to time. It cleans your mobile memory
- Always delete unused files and apps and keep
- Update iOS regularly
3.Your Profile Picture
If you want your friends to see your profile picture when they add you in their contact list then you can do this by:
- Open message app
- Tap the … on the right of the screen
- Then select Edit Name and Photo
- Tap on the profile icon
- Then you’ll have plenty of options to choose from, either capture a photo from camera, or upload from photo library, or even you can use Animoji or Memoji.
iPhone comes with three built-in custom messages when you are busy and can’t answer calls. However, now you can customize messages in your iPhone as well. The three built-in messages are, “Sorry, I can’t talk right now”, “I’m on my way”, and “Can I call you later?”. If you want to customize your message, you can do so by:
- In Settings > Phone > Respond with Text
For custom response, you can tell in detail why can’t attend the call. But you’ll have to sacrifice one message to add custom message.
5.Extend Battery Life
This is another useful tip and trick that iPhone offers. Battery charging depends on our daily usage. If we do a lot of streaming than we need to charge battery quite frequently. Apple has introduced a new feature called “Optimized Battery Charging” which is aimed to prolong battery life using iOS 13. The feature uses machine learning to monitor your daily routine and stops charging when it gets past 80%. However, it charges further if you start using your phone. Holding 100% charge for a long time degrades battery life. You can get Optimized Battery Charging by:
- In setting Tap Battery
- Tap Battery Health
- Just toggle the switch to “On” position
6.FaceTime Call in a Group
You may have experienced FaceTime call with your family or friends, but do you know that you can start FaceTime call in iPhone with up to 30 contacts. Here’s how you can start doing this:
- Open the FaceTime app
- Click on the + button
- Enter the name or number to whom you want to make a call
- Click the mode whether you want to initiate audio or video
7.Set Custom Vibrations
If you want to know who’s calling you without even taking your mobile out from your pocket, then you can do this as well. You do this by either assigning custom tone, text tone or even assigning a custom vibration pattern. You can do this by:
- Select a Contact
- In the top-right corner, tap the Edit button
- Scroll down to find the ringtone field, you’ll see vibration field below and from there you can set custom vibration pattern from plenty of options
8. Save Battery
iPhone always gives you a notification whenever your battery drops below 20% to warn you to charge your phone and switch it to Low Power Mode. However, do you know that you can switch to Low Power Mode anytime even if your battery is above 20% charge? It is simple to switch to that mode.
- Tap Settings > Battery > Low Power Mode
It saves battery by turning off several features. However, you’ll not notice any change and your battery will last longer as well.
9.iPhone Flash on notifications
This is another useful tip in which you can turn your iPhone Flash on whenever you get a notification by:
- Settings > General > Accessibility > Scroll down a little bit and tap “Enable LED Flash for Alerts”
10. Stop Asking Apps Feedback
If you don’t want to rate and give feedback to your apps then go to:
- Settings > iTunes & App Store > Toggle In-App Ratings & Reviews to “Off”.
11. Add Multiple Faces to Face ID
Face ID gives flexibility to secure your iPhone from misuse. Nobody can unlock your phone unless and until you scan your face. However, now you can unlock by registering multiple faces.
- Settings > Face ID & Passcode > Tap Passcode > Tap Set UP and Alternate Appearance > Scan your face and follow the prompts
12. Do Measurements with your iPhone
With iPhone in your hand, you don’t need measurement tools anymore. However, it does not give you a 100% accurate result, but it is still useful if you want to measure the distance between two points.
- Open Measure app
- To analyze the area, move your iPhone around and hold it so the camera is pointing at the object you want to measure
- Keep moving your iPhone until you see a white circle with a dot in the middle
- Line the white dot with the edge of the item you want to measure
- Press the white button with + sign
- Drag to opposite edge of item
- Press the white button with + sign
- App will give you estimated measurement
These were some of the best useful tips and tricks that an iPhone user must use.