We are always concerned about using Public Wi-Fi because of its insecurity. We avoid using mobile banking, or business emails, or transfer of personal information when using public wi-fi. At that time, we have only option to use mobile data internet which is secure but expensive. If you tired of paying high bills to your mobile network provider, then there is excellent news for you. You can now use secure public wi-fi if you are planning to go on a business trip, on vacations, want to transfer personal data. You can now connect to Public Wi-Fi by means of VPN (Virtual Private Network). However, if you are thinking that connecting through VPN is expensive and required technical knowledge then you are wrong. It’s no more complicated and expensive.
However, the question why would someone need a VPN on his/her own mobile? The most used operating systems in the world right now are iOS and Android. Similarly, many smartphones now have play stores from where you can download hundreds of apps to get more functionality and ease. However, it is very important to have an updated version of the operating system and the latest apps to keep your mobile secure. Many people around the world don’t have the idea that whether the operating system they are using is up-to-date and apps they have downloaded so far are the latest or not. If you are also one of them, then you must use a VPN on your mobile phone if you want to enjoy public wi-fi securely. The reason is when you use outdated software can give an easy entry to hackers to enter your mobile and access your personal information. Using a VPN, you can avoid the risk of losing your private information.
Setting up VPN on your Mobile:
Whether you are a user of iOS or Android, before starting setting up VPN into your mobile, the very first thing that comes to your mind is choosing the VPN that is best compatible with your device.
- The very first step is to check the best VPN service in your area for 2019. If you are planning to use VPN to access public Wi-Fi securely, then always remember there is a rule of thumb, the closer the hardware, the quicker the connection is.
- Don’t try free or trial VPNs. It
looks sound and good using free VPN for 30-day or 7-day trial period, but you
can’t get that much security over free versions.
However, if you want to invest in a VPN on a long-term basis, then you need more time on research, at least more than 15 minutes to get the best VPN in your area.
Setting up VPN on Android:
When you are finished with your search on choosing the best VPN for your mobile, the next step is to set-up on your mobile. Follow these steps if you are using Android:
- Open Google Play Store and tap the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Now enter the VPN that you have chosen for your mobile. You’ll see a list of apps. Now take extra care before selecting and downloading because you can download the copycat version. Make sure it is an official app by matching its creator and company name. Now install this app on your phone.
- Now close the Google Play Store and click on VPN installed on your main screen.
- The first time you open a VPN, it will ask you to login or sign up for the service. If you sign up, make sure you get the confirmation link from your VPN provider on the email provided.
Your payment depends upon your subscription level. It is recommended to use a 30-day refund policy service so that you have a test drive service and get the satisfaction level that you have chosen the best VPN for your mobile.
Set-up on iPhones:
If you are iPhone user, then follow these steps:
- On your Home screen click on App Store.
- In the search bar, type in the VPN name that you have chosen for your mobile, tap the Get button, however, to proceed further you’ll need to confirm installation by passcode, Touch ID, or Face ID.
- When you are finished with your installation, go to the Home screen and open VPN. Like the Android version, you’ll be asked to sign up and choose the subscription level of your choice.
That’s how you setup VPN on iOS and Android.
After successful installation and choosing your best plan of subscription, whenever you want to use a VPN for fast browsing of the internet, you’ll get a notification to connect automatically selected servers based on your located. It’s so simple to use. Just open the VPN app, click connect and when you’re finished just turn it off when you’re finished.